0xax
Linux Inside

Updated 3 days ago

Matt Wang (@witallwang) started discussion #110

7 months ago · 0 comments

Open

Here we are getting to the end of the setup_arch function. The rest of function of course is important, but details about these stuff will not will not be included in this part. We will just take a short look on these functions, because although they are important as I wrote above, but they cover non-generic kernel features related with the NUMA, SMP, ACPI and APICs, etc. First of all, the next call of the init_apic_mappings function. As we can understand this function sets the address of the local APIC. The next is x86_io_apic_ops.init and this function initializes I/O APIC. Please note that we will see all details related with APIC in the chapter about interrupts and exceptions handling. In the next step we reserve standard I/O resources like DMA, TIMER, FPU, etc., with the call of the x86_init.resources.reserve_resources function. Following is mcheck_init function initializes Machine check Exception and the last is register_refined_jiffies which registers jiffy (There will be separate chapter about timers in the kernel).

End of the architecture-specific initializations, almost... (Edit this file)

"about these stuff will not will not be included in this part" seems have duplicated "will not"

No description provided.

No comments on this discussion.

to join this conversation on GitBook. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Notifications

You’re not receiving notifications from this thread.

1 participant