jaceklaskowski
Mastering Apache Spark

Updated a month ago

Palash Gupta (@palashgupta) started discussion #104

a year ago · 2 comments

Open

Requesitng few probable Reasons to get "Failed to get broadcast variable" error in Spark 2.0.0

Hello Sir,

I started building an application using Spark 2.0.0 and some times I faced "Failed to get broadcast variable" error from Spark & it stopped processing. Currently I'm resolving to delete all running application, blockmanager directory, lib file created in /tmp directory and re-running the spark applications. My experience tells me that when I run multiple spark applications or one long running spark applications hang then it gives me the error.

As I don't understand the root cause of the problem with confidence, I want to know probable reasons to look into it.

Thanks for your support & will be waiting for your reply.

Best Regards, Palash Gupta

Jacek Laskowski @jaceklaskowski commented a year ago

Can you send me the entire stack track to start from? Do you have a Spark app to reproduce the issue? I highly recommend moving our discussion to StackOverflow to get more support from the Spark community on SO. Let's do this and continue our investigation on SO. Deal?

Palash Gupta @palashgupta commented a year ago

Hello Sir,

Thanks a lot for your response.

I'm trying to reproduce the problem & as soon as I make it I will send you the full stack trace. And I will also open a case in StakeOverflow. Though previously I created two similar cases but the response from StakeOverflow mates were not helpful for me.

Hello Sir,

I was able to take some low level trace for the problem and it happened when we are running multiple separate spark applications at a time but resources are distributed carefully.

Trace link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zfrp0k953bzaj7z/kpienginensn_20161218093235.rar?dl=0

Hello Sir,

Greetings!

I have created a thread in Stakeoverflow site as well as you suggested with more specific log.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/41236661/failed-to-get-broadcast-1-piece0-of-broadcast-1-in-pyspark-application

Thanks for your suggestion & I would appreciate if you comment over there.

to join this conversation on GitBook. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Notifications

You’re not receiving notifications from this thread.

1 participant